Birthplace: Sofia, Bulgaria
Official address: Technical University at Sofia (TU-Sofia)
Relevant Education: Master degree Engineer Diploma – Technical University at Sofia
Post Graduated Course “Electronische Daten Verarbeitung” - Otto von Guericke University at Magdeburg, DDR
PhD. Diploma - Information Management Systems, Bulgaria
DrSc. Diploma – Information Management Systems, Bulgaria
Relevant Professional Experience: Head of Centre for media communication and technology at TU-Sofia since 2013, full prof. at Technical University-Sofia since 2004, assoc. prof. at TU-Sofia since 1986 till 2004.
Lectures, seminars and labs on the following subjects: Informatics, Computer Applications, Databases, Information technologies, e-Governance, Internet services, e-Commerce.
Prior Experience: Responsible in the Management Faculty at Technical University-Sofia for specialty “Public Administration”., 2006-2009
Head of Dept. in national Institute of Higher Education., 1982-1987
Secretary of the national Council for secondary school educational software., 1985-1986
Creation and implementation of University Information Management System., 1975-1981
Creation of Limits and Methods for postgraduate Education., 1986
Creation and implementation of national System for Computer-based Choice of Students in Bulgaria., 1984-1988
Head of scientific Unit in the Central Bulgarian Institute “Orgproject”., 1968-1973
Creation and implementation of System for Management Process Automatisation in a big mechanical Plant., 1966-1967
Member of the International Organizations:
SAI – Bulgarian Union for Automation and Information 1997 till now.
E-Governance - Head of the Organizing Committee of the International Scientific Conference “E-Governance”
NISPAcee -The Network of Institutes and schools of Public Administration in central and eastern Europe, 2006 till now
Journal of Electrical Engineering – Editorial Board Member , 2013 till now
International Symposium Business Modeling and Software Design (BMSD) – Program Committee member, 2011 till now
Workshop on Behavioural Modelling – Foundations and Applications (BM-FA), Reviewer, 2013 till now
International Conference for e-Democracy and Open Government (CeDEM) – Reviewer, 2012 till now
ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 1994-2002
IEEE – The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 1995-2003, 2015
IASTED – The International Association of Science and Technology for Development - 1995 - 2006
International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital Ecosystems (MEDES) – Program Committee member, 2013 till now
Who is Who in the World – Biography published, since 1995.
Fields of research interests (Key words): Data Modelling, Computer-based Training, Information Systems Modelling (incl. Geographic Information Systems), e-Governance, High Performance Database Systems, Interoperability, Data Mining, Knowledge Management, Heterogenious Information Integration, On-line collaboration, Web based Videoconferencing.
Experience in European Community Programs:
· Head of the Erasmus project for students and lecturers Mobilities in the field of Information Technologies and Business Administration., 2007-2009
· Coordinator of the Tempus project No1674 Computer-based Environmental Studies., 1991-1994
· Technical University coordinator of the Tempus project No 7521 New Information Technologies and Environmental Education., 2004-2007
· Technical University coordinator of the Copernicus project No 636 Software Support System for the SME’s., 2005-2008
Experience in National Programs:
· Head of the national project “Centre for Scientific and Education on e-Governance”., 2008-2012
· Creation and implementation of national System for Computer-based Choice of the Students in Bulgaria., 1984-1988
· Creation and implementation of System for automatisation of the Higher School Educational Process Management., 1975-1981
· "Career development system of the academic staff of the Technical University - Sofia" PROJECT ¹ BG051PO001-3.1.09-0006, January 2013 – November 2014
· "Development of Virtual Console for management and moderation of videoconferencing system events" Project ¹121PD0047-15, 2012
Scientific Publications: more than 160 (incl. 45- in English language, 5- in German language,17- in Russian language).
20.11.2015, Sofia R. Tsankova
LIST of PRINCIPLE
1. Tzvetkov G., Tsankova R. (2005). Dinamic Analitical Processing (DAP) in Environmental Management. Journal of Balkan Ecology, volume7, No1, 2004 .
2. Tsankova R., Georgieva S. (2005). Informatics for Public Administration, TU-Sofia.
3. Tsankova R., Neykova M. (2005). On an improvement of multidimensional models of databases.(bul) Godishnik of TU-Sofia, volume 55/2005 .
4. Tsankova R. (2005). Further improvement of the multidimensional database model for intelligent systems.(bul) Godishnik of TU-Sofia, volume 55/2005.
5. Tsankova R., Marinov O. (2006). Simulation modeling of the production program in industrial enterprise.(bul) “Industrial Management” science magazine, volume 6/2006 .
6. Tsankova R., Marinov O. (2006). Approach to research and development of communication and organizational virtual environment to improve the quality of teaching and research work at the Department of Economics, Industrial Engineering and Management at the Faculty of Management.(bul) IV International Scientific conference “Management and engineering’06”-Conference Proceedings , Sozopol.
7. Tsankova R., Stanchev Vl. (2007). Working with databases – in examples of Access 2003-2007 with SQL, VBA and ADO.(bul) Publishing House of Technical University of Sofia.
8. Marinov O., Tsankova R. (2007). ERP based e-commerce.(bul) Godishnik of TU-Sofia, 2007.
9. Tsankova R., Marinov O. (2007). Place and role of Groupware Software in teaching business administration.(bul) V International Scientific conference “Management and engineering’07”-Conference Proceedings, Sozopol.
10. Tsankova R. (2008). Information Technologies in Public Administration.(bul) Publishing house of TU-Sofia.
11. Tsankova R. (2008). Information system for evaluating the quality of organic products.(bul) Collection of papers of the XVIII National Scientific Symposium with international participation „Metrology and Metrology Assurance” 2008, Sozopol
12. Tsankova R. (2009). Virtual Library for good administrative practice.(bul) Conference Proceedings of the I International Scientific conference “E-Governance”-2009, Sozopol
13. Tsankova R., Trifonov R., Jekov B. (2009). E-Government Development in Bulgaria, The proceedings of the Intern. Conf. on e-Government Sharing Experiences, Antalya.
14. Marinov Î., Tsankova R. (2009). Video Conference Systems role in the Integration of the Public Administration Governance, Proceeding of the I International Scientific Conference “E-Governance”-2009, Sozopol.
15. Tsankova R.(2009). How to design and present a presentation.(bul) Conference Proceedings of the I International Scientific Conference “E-Governance”-2009, Sozopol
16. Tsankova R.(2010), E-Governance as a step of New Public Management, Workshop”Public Administration in the Balkans-from Weberian bureaucracy to New Public Management”, Athens, http://www.balcannet.eu/papers_grecia/Tsankova_Roumiana.pdf.
17. Tsankova R. (2010). From “good practices“ to knowledge based Governance , 18th NISPAcee Annual Conference, Warsaw, http://www.nispa.org.
18. Tsankova R., Dimitrova St. (2010). Project solutions for improving online administrative management services.(bul) Publishing house of TU-Sofia.
19. Marinov, O., Tsankova R. (2011). Electronic Methods and Tools for the Administrative Management Democratization. Proceeding of the XX International Scientific Conference ELECTRONICS ET, Sozopol.
20. Marinov O., Tsankova R. (2011). National And European Values Of Public Administration In The Balkans: Administrative Management Processes Improvement through Collaboration technologies Implementation. South-Eastern European Administrative Studies, ASsee Online Series, No. 4/2011 Editura Economică, ISBN 978-973-709-567-1.
21. Marinov, O., Tsankova, R. (2012). Management Of Public And Business Administration Processes By Means Of Collaboration And Knowledge: Role Of Video Conference Systems In The Process Of Integration Of Public Administration Governance. Sofia, TU-Sofia.
22. Tsankova, R., Marinov, O. (2012). Social Media and Web Science. Web based face to face e-governance systems. Dinges&Frick GmbH Wiesbaden, Deutschland.
23. Telyatinova R., Marinov O., Georgieva Sn., Nedeva S., Dimitrova V. (2013). Information and communication technologies in teaching.(bul) Textbook, Publishing house of TU-Sofia.
24. Tsankova R., Georgieva Sn.(2015). Unification of the Evaluation in the Management Processes. Conference Proceedings – Revised Edition of VII ISC “E-Governance”-2015, Sozopol
25. Tsankova R., Marinov O., Ivanov D. (2015). Some requirements for distance learning in engineering and management disciplines.(bul) „Proceedings of the Union of Scientists - Sliven“ magazine, volume 30, ISSN 1311 2864.